Hard wearing and durable wall & floor tiles
Porcelain is the hardest wearing of all ceramic tile products.
Porcelain tiles have a very low absorbency and can be used on both walls and floors, interior and exterior.
Porcelain tiles are manufactured with either, highly polished, semi polished, unglazed or glazed top surfaces.
The majority of polished porcelain tiles need sealing with MPG sealer before grouting to seal micro pores opened in the polishing process. Some polished porcelain tiles does not require sealing or have been pre-sealed by the factory when they were manufactured. Often polished porcelain tiles will have residues on the surface from manufacture – you may need to use an appropriate cleaner to remove this.
The absorbency of unglazed porcelain tiles vary and may need sealing.
Glazed porcelain tiles do not normally require sealing and are easy to maintain.
Porcelain tiles can only be drilled with diamond drill bits and must be fixed with porcelain suitable adhesives. Because they are a harder material they will usually require a cutter that is quite heavy duty.
Porcelain tiles offer the following benefits:
• Porcelain tiles are the most popular type of floor tile and are suitable for the majority of areas
• Due to its popularity the cost of fitting porcelain floor tiles is usually the same as fixing a ceramic floor
• Porcelain floor tiles are easy to clean
• Porcelain floor tiles are one of the most hygienic floor coverings and are therefore ideal for asthma & allergy sufferers
• Porcelain tiles are very cost effective
• Porcelain tiles are probably the most durable and hard wearing option for floor covering. It is expected that most porcelain tiles will last centuries!
• Most porcelain tiles offer outstanding impact resistance
• With porcelain tiles the colour doesn’t fade, even in direct sunlight
• Porcelain tiles are not damaged by moisture or water
• Porcelain tiles are fire resistant which means they will not burn, nor produce smoke or toxic gases
• Porcelain tiles are available in a vast array of colours and finishes. Some reproduce natural stone effects with amazing accuracy using varied effects on each tile without the danger of staining, sealing and maintenance associated with many natural products
• Some porcelain floor tiles have textured finishes to provide slip resistance
• Porcelain floor tiles are available in a huge variety of shapes and sizes generally between 30 x 30cm to 45 x 90cm with larger tiles offering a more spacious impression to most rooms
Vegas Tiles holds thousands of metres of porcelain tiles in stock at our Rochester tile warehouse ready for you to take away today or fast delivery is available.
At Vegas Tiles we provide the highest quality porcelain tiles to retail and trade customers from across Kent, including Gravesend, Rochester, Strood, Chatham, Gillingham, Rainham, Sittingbourne, Isle of Sheppey, Faversham, Whitstable, Herne Bay, Maidstone, Wrotham Heath, East Malling and West Malling.
If you would like any more information about our unrivalled tiling options, please do not hesitate to contact us or visit us in our Medway tile shop. One of our friendly team will be more than happy to answer any questions and discuss any home or commercial tiling requirements.